Resources and Activities
- Oregon Advocates for Equitable Disability Services (OA4EDS) – Parent run advocacy group working to make positive changes in disability services. Contact them for more information and/or to get involved. Their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/OA4EDS or you can contact their leadership team by emailing: JessaReinhardt@gmail.com (make sure to put “OA4EDS” in the subject line.
- UPC Support Group for Parents – Online support group open to all Oregon & SW Washington families who are raising a child with ANY disability. Group is called “Gimme A Break” (GAB). Meetings are held over Zoom. There are both daytime AND evening options. Families get to connect with other families to cheer for each other, vent, just talk, and/or to share ideas. Group members share information on how to find support and what to expect now and in the future.
- Northwest Family Services – Programs and services include health and social service navigation, youth prevention and intervention programs, outpatient alcohol and drug treatment, support for youth and families affected by incarceration, youth education and employment success, restorative justice, mental health services, job readiness and placement, couple’s classes, parenting, and healthy relationship education. Phone: 503-546-6377 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach Out Oregon – is an organization that offers support to families with children experiencing mental, emotional, and behavioral health challenges. Their goal is to help families gain access to a support team of families, friends, and community networks where questions are answered, resources are shared, and needs are understood.
- Autism Society of Oregon – support groups, resources, and information for individuals with Autism and their families.
- Fact Oregon– On-Demand Trainings on Transition to Kindergarten, The IEP, and Behaviors at School
- Oregon Post Adoption Resource Center–Trainings available on parenting teens, suicide prevention, developing open and effective communication etc.
- The Shadow Project– Summer Goal Setting to help parents and caregivers support their child’s confidence, attention and motivation